Agitation / Mixing module
- Extremely important part in any process solutions & especially in Fermenter/Bioreactor. Agitation or Mixing is required for effective mass transfer of nutrients, gases, & temperature maintenance. The cell line dictates the choice if impeller & its RPM
- BioAspire can provide appropriate type of agitator & mounting as per process requirements & need of the cells.
Top mounted agitation:
- Mechanical agitators with dry seal or double mechanical wet seals.
- High shear resistant microbial cell culture: Rushton turbine impellers. Advanced BT-6 for effective mass transfer and power consideration.
- Shear sensitive culture :3-blade segment impellers are specifically designed for use in shear sensitive cell cultures. The impeller creates an axial flow to achieve homogenous and thorough mixing of the culture media.
- Removable and adjustable 3-blade segment impeller. Pitched at an angle and thus direct the liquid flow towards the base of the tank.
- Ineffective at breaking up bubbles and thus unsuitable for use in aeration of bacterial fermentations.
Bottom mounted agitation:
Bottom mounted mechanical or magnetic agitator and magnetic mixers.
- Bottom driven agitator requires less clearance
- Magnetic motor does not require any separate mechanical seal
- Segment impeller, axial mixing with low shear
- Absolutely tight/close system
- No influence on the integrity of the system
- Easy cleaning and sterilization
- Low shearing force &Careful mixing allows handling of sensitive products e.g. proteins, cells, blood fractions or factors.
- To break a vortex in terms of top mounted agitators, baffles are important
- Baffles ensure proper mass transfer.
- Fixed or removable baffles as an available options